Storytelling for Business Training
When practiced effectively, storytelling can be a strategic business tool which can have a powerful impact.
Research shows people are much more likely to be persuaded by a compelling story. For example, it can be
- Connect people to their work
- Persuade a data driven business case
- Advocate for an idea in the workplace
- Negotiate to achieve a particular outcome
- Persuade and motivate a team/management/investors
- Change people’s attitudes and behaviours.
‘’When you want to motivate, persuade, or be remembered, start with a story of human struggle and
eventual triumph. It will capture people’s hearts – by first attracting their brains.’’
Paul Zak, the founding director of the Centre for Neuroeconomics Studies and a professor of economics, psychology, and management at
Claremont Graduate University
Aim: In this session we explore the value of storytelling skills in a variety of workplace situations and
contexts. Our well researched content talks to;
- The neuroscience of impactful storytelling
- The values and uses of storytelling for business
- Persuasion and Motivation
- Structures and rules of impactful storytelling
- Choosing your words
- Crafting your story
Our interactive session looks at the rules and structure to craft a story. These include keeping passion at the
core, making connections, being memorable, persuasive and eliciting an emotional response in the recipient.
- Learn to curate a story intellectually and emotionally (for maximum impact)
- Deliver an impactful case beyond facts, figures and data.
- Hone the art of storytelling to move beyond traditional business tools such as MS powerpoint.
CHQ Building, IFSC,
Dublin 2, Ireland.
NEWSLETTER SIGN UP
© 2023 WorkJuggle. All Rights Reserved | Terms & Conditions