Contract work opportunities in Dublin and across Ireland
Contract work is a great way to utilise your skills and experience in a more flexible way. That said it is not for everyone. Some people like the security of a permanent role. But for many people, a contract role can be a really good opportunity to work in a variety of roles and often earn a more lucrative salary. Contracting is for you if you are:
- Self-motivated & disciplined
- Able to manage your time well
- Organised and adaptable
- Have confidence in your decision making
“Contracting is also an excellent way of dipping your toes back into the workforce. For people who have taken time out including women returners it can be really exciting way to build a new type of career”
says our Talent Partner, Alison Power.
“The roles we find ourselves working with the most include Accounting, IT Project Management, Digital Marketing and HR”.
The benefits of contract work
There are three major benefits of Contracting:
1. Flexibility. Alison says that is the word potential contractors most use when she is having initial conversations with them. “There is no doubt that the ability to choose when and where to work is a big factor. Particularly if you are highly skilled you have the ability to choose those contracts which work for you best. We have had contractors work during term-time and then take the summer off and spend it in France. Because they are highly skilled they are often able to slot back into the role they just left a couple of months ago only now they are fully refreshed and recharged”.
Here is a testimonial from a contract Accountant, Fiona who has been contracting with us now for three years:
“I wanted to go back to work, but on my terms. I wanted to be around for my kids after school activities instead of sitting in traffic. I have now started a contract role, where I can work from home when I need to. I feel I get a lot more done at home and finance roles like mine lend themselves very well to remote working. I love working close to home and the flexibility of remote working when I need it. ‘The best thing is that I can feel my self confidence growing again.
I heard about WorkJuggle from other Mums. It was the only recruiter I signed up to. I actually started my new contract within two weeks of first seeing the job on their website, it was that quick. I have taken on a 2 month contract role in Finance, located close to my home. I have the flexibility of working from home when I need to and I don’t miss the daily commute. My advice to other women looking to return to work is to talk to WorkJuggle. Tell them your long term career goals and what you’re looking for. They won’t waste your time, they are very efficient and will find you the job you are looking for. They really get to know you and so 100% of the jobs they propose to you, will be a good fit, then its up to you to go for it”
2. Diversity. The second biggest benefit is the ability to work across a number of different organisations to really upskill in your chosen area. Rather than working in one organisation for decades it can be incredibly exciting to work across a number of different sectors, gaining skills and experience in each. This is particularly true in Ireland where there is such a fantastic range of companies to work in.
Alison says that
“At WorkJuggle we work across a variety of sectors and industries. It means we are always able to spot the latest trends and give good advice to our candidates about what skills are in demand and what areas they should specialise in”.
3. Financially rewarding. Finally, the third benefit is that contracting can be a very lucrative option. Alison says that
“At WorkJuggle the candidates we work with are often contracting for the first time. We are happy to talk them through how to set up an umbrella company and the different organisations we recommend. Often candidates are taken aback by how easy the process is and how little paperwork is actually involved. In terms of salary it can often work out 20%-25% more lucrative then working in a permanent role.”
Our founder Ciara Garvan says, “We see huge pent-up demand in this area. One of our most popular events ever was “Freelancing: A Talent Revolution”. Now that working patterns are in a state of flux after the pandemic we expect contracting to be more popular than ever”.
Are you interested in contract work?
Business Operations Manager with WorkJuggle
Jane Monks is the Business Operations Manager with WorkJuggle.
Jane worked with global professional services firm Mercer for 15 years in Service Development and Risk Management roles and holds a Diploma in Business Analysis and Consultancy. Initially working as a Business Analyst, Jane played a key role in the development and implementation of innovative business solutions across diverse business areas. A move into Risk Management brought with it an opportunity to work on these business solutions from a regulatory perspective.
Having enjoyed some time out of the workforce to be with her young family Jane joined WorkJuggle in 2019. This reignited her passion for business process improvement and workflow management and she brings her experience in these areas to the management of WorkJuggle’s business operations.
Register As Candidate
Join the WorkJuggle community now by following the sign-up link below.
NEWSLETTER SIGN UP
01 - 5649211
NEWSLETTER SIGN UP
© 2022 WorkJuggle. All Rights Reserved | Terms & Conditions