Network Administrator Jobs
Discover your next flexible role as a network administratror
The team at WorkJuggle have a passion for IT and knows the sector very well. So, if you are on the lookout for a new challenge and a step up in your career, we can help you to find flexible roles that are matched to your skills and experience. One of the areas of IT that we frequently assist our clients in recruiting for is network administration. If you are an experienced network administrator, we may have the next career opportunity that you are looking for.
The best way to find out if we currently have any network administrator jobs that are of interest to you is to register on the platform. Once you have signed up you will be able to access our Recruitment Hub platform, where you can create your profile and view the latest job vacancies.
Recruiting network administrators at all levels
We help our clients to recruit and retain IT staff at all levels of their businesses. Specifically, regarding their requirements for network administration staff, we often recruit for roles such as:
- Senior Network Administrator
- Network Administrator
- Network Assistant
Senior Network Administrator Jobs
Senior network administrators are ultimately responsible for ensuring that an organisation’s hardware and network remain secure and reliable throughout each business day. Larger organisations are more likely to recruit a senior admin who will take responsibility for a team of administrators working across many different departments.
Employers seeking to employ a senior network administrator are looking for candidates who have extensive experience with network and data infrastructure management combined with the people skills required to manage teams and specialists involved in the operations.
Typical duties of the senior network administrator include:
- Planning, configuring and deploying IT networks.
- Managing the network administration team including IT technicians and specialists.
- Maintaining the integrity of the system in terms of speed, security, and reliability.
- Improving the performance of the system such as upgrades to servers and security enhancements.
- Taking overall responsibility for developing the backend network architecture.
- Conducting regular data backups.
Network Administrator Jobs
More frequently, we assist our clients with either employing their first network administrator or helping them to expand their existing network administration team. Employers seeking a network administrator are looking for candidates with a degree in a computer science field, two to five years’ experience in networking, and strong capabilities in terms of troubleshooting issues and performing maintenance on servers, computers, and peripheral equipment.
Typical duties of the network administrator include:
- Planning and implementing network design.
- Installing and maintaining network operating systems and file servers.
- Assisting with technical support to end users of the network.
- Diagnosing and fixing problems with network hardware and equipment.
- Installing, configuring, and maintaining software accessed via the network.
- Administrating user access to the network.
- Installing and maintaining network cabling and equipment.
- Managing and configuring security solutions such as firewall and anti-virus.
- Ordering software, hardware and other supplies required to enable the network to run efficiently.
Network Assistant Jobs
Some of our larger clients who are looking to significantly expand their IT department may also ask for our assistance in recruiting junior members of their network administration team. If you are a recent computer science graduate, with some level of experience related to network maintenance, we may be able to assist you in finding a suitable role.
Typical duties of the network assistant include:
- Assisting the network administrator with server application and operating system tasks.
- Assisting with the set-up of equipment, software installation and updates.
- Assisting with the maintenance of network hardware.
- Perform troubleshooting, archiving and backups.
Register on our platform to view our latest network administrator jobs
Business Operations Manager with WorkJuggle
Jane worked with global professional services firm Mercer for 15 years in Service Development and Risk Management roles and holds a Diploma in Business Analysis and Consultancy. Initially working as a Business Analyst, Jane played a key role in the development and implementation of innovative business solutions across diverse business areas. A move into Risk Management brought with it an opportunity to work on these business solutions from a regulatory perspective.
Having enjoyed some time out of the workforce to be with her young family Jane joined WorkJuggle in 2019. This reignited her passion for business process improvement and workflow management and she brings her experience in these areas to the management of WorkJuggle’s business operations.
Register As Candidate
NEWSLETTER SIGN UP
01 - 5649211
NEWSLETTER SIGN UP
© 2022 WorkJuggle. All Rights Reserved | Terms & Conditions